Akina Mama wa Afrika (AMwA) is a Pan-African Feminist and Transformational Leadership Development Organization with a mission of strengthening the individual and collective leadership of African women, forming strategic partnerships, to tackle patriarchy and attain gender equality and women’s empowerment for a just and secure Africa.
In a bid to ensure sustainable achievement of our mission, Akina Mama wa Afrika seeks to recruit a pro-active and strongly self motivated gender activist to occupy the position of Programme Associate.
Purpose of the position:
The programme associate will support the delivery of AMwA’s Feminist and Transformational Leadership trainings and advocacy initiatives as per AMwA’s strategic plan.
The Programme Associate will work under the direct supervision of the Programmes Officer. She will perform among other the following duties:
- Support the implementation of program activities in line with the overall strategic plan
- Support fundraising and partnership management for the programmes
- Responsible for developing reports and other communication materials to share with management
- Support the programme staff to carry out Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Build partnerships and networks with likeminded organisations and government for collective advocacy.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Social Work and Social Administration, Development Studies, International Law and related studies, obtained from a reputable university
- A Masters Degree will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 2 years’ working experience with non-profit organizations especially Human rights organizations with a focus on Women’s rights
- Knowledge of national and regional development policies and instruments
- Excellent communication and report writing skills, with ability to work under pressure
- She should be strongly committed to promoting gender equality and social justice