Envisioning a world in which African women are politically, economically and socially autonomous and are champions of change in their lives and society? Here is an opportunity for you to join the Board of African Women Leaders!
Akina Mama wa Afrika (AMwA) is a Feminist Pan-African Development Organization that was founded in the UK in 1985 and relocated to Uganda in 1997. AMwA was founded to create space for African Women to organize autonomously, identify issues of concern to them and speak for themselves. To date, through her flagship Programme; the African Women’s Leadership Institute (AWLI), AMwA has empowered over 6000 women with feminist and transformational leadership skills that has led to the advancement of the feminist agenda on the continent and beyond.
The organization invites applications from suitable African Women Leaders who are passionate about Feminist Transformational Leadership and related efforts to contribute to the advancement of Women’s Rights to join her Pan African Board of Directors. AMwA seeks Board Members with the following assets:
- Significant experience in championing women’s rights and amplifying feminist perspectives
- Demonstrable ability to provide strategic direction and steer organizational development
- Experience on a Feminist Organisation Board of Directors
- Gravitas to lead a Pan African feminist organization and commitment to the vision, mission and values of AMwA.
- Ability to Fundraise and build strategic partnerships for the organization
Expectations for Board members
- Assess, challenge and approve Strategic direction and corporate plans
- Provide financial oversight
- Ensure there is a monitoring and reporting system in place
- Select, Evaluate and support the ED
- Ensure that the appropriate governing structures are in place
- Enhance the organization's public standing by promoting the organization's mission, accomplishments, and goals to the public
- Be present for Board meetings
Application Closing Date: 30th November 2018.